Techno Financial - Accenture
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 211,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$21.6 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2010. Its home page is www.accenture.com
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for functional processes that has a material impact on key components of the internal/external client’s ability to perform work optimally.
- Gather requirements from current internal/external clients and scope deliverables and estimate completion dates of work.
- Responsible for development, research, and testing of tools/enhancements created to improve/replace to current business’s “best practices”.
- May be required to prepare a wide range of metric reporting applicable to scope of the assigned responsibilities.
- Analyze and report on quality issues, and proactively identify potential bottlenecks and provide solutions applicable.
- Ability to review/interpret processes and implement a solution for the existing methodology.
- Initiates and facilitates the sharing of process knowledge and best practices within the team and across the engagement, and is capable of impacting and influencing others.
- Develops and maintains documentation on projects and team assignments.
- Identifies, recommends and implements process improvements in procedures of team assignments.
- Demonstrates analytical, problem solving skills, as well as demonstrate expertise with database and web development.
- Functional knowledge of Database technologies and programs. Familiarity with MS Access, SQL Server 2000, and Transact SQL.
- Functional knowledge of VBA programming, ODBC, ADO, and solution development in relation to the client.
- Functional knowledge of network processes/topology and technologies and how they relate to custom business solutions.
- Functional knowledge of Adobe Dreamweaver, VBScript, ASP, and methodologies for company intranet web development and publishing.
- Functional knowledge/expertise of data extracts, imports, conversions.
- Proactively recognizes problems within scope of responsibilities, draws from appropriate resources to identify options and solutions based on the relative cost benefit, then implements solutions.
- Maintains an awareness of the client’s business, operational activities, and processes in areas pertaining to scope of responsibilities.
- Must have a high user proficiency in the client’s financial systems and desktop applications.
- Maintains strong technical and process skills.
- Prepares and ensures accuracy of accounting data.
- Ensures account analyses are comprehensive, substantive, and performed on a timely basis.
- Ensures that assigned monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting targets are met.
- May be called to participate in the development and installation of system enhancements when required.
- Reviews financial accounting and regulatory requirements as well as client accounting policies and procedures, and ensures compliance.
- Requires good knowledge of multiple systems and data flows.
- Proactively chooses to learn and utilize new skills.
- Communicates relevant information on a timely basis. Clearly expresses ideas and concepts both orally and in writing, recognizing the audience and communicating appropriately.
- Knowledgeable and responsive to the client’s needs and wants and managing client expectations when necessary.
- Requires professional interaction and communication, both within the Accenture organization and with client contacts. May be called upon to represent financial accounting matters on behalf of the client to internal and external auditors, and to other third parties. Key interactions typically involve:
- Client operations
- Other key client contacts (e.g. tax)
- Government and regulatory agencies
- Other functional groups within Accenture engagement.
- Highly self-motivated to work independently, within delegated authority, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team, and a clear understanding of how assigned responsibilities impact other processes and the work of other people.
- Adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills.
- Occasional overtime and weekend work may be required during peak periods
- Occasional travel may be required
||3 - 6 Years
||Associate/Sr. Associate -(NonTechnical)
||ITES/BPO/KPO, Customer Service, Ops.
||UG - B.Com - Commerce, B.B.A - Management
PG - M.Com, MBA/PGDM
||R2R, reconciliation, bank reconciliation, ledgers SQL queries, SQL